Friday, December 25, 2009

Why isn't there a profanity filter for masked profanity?

joe, you know that doesn't work. If someone substitutes an asterisk for the u in a certain 4 letter word that starts with f it will get through even if reported. I have reported them hundreds of times and they don't get deleted.





Now to answer the question: I don't know, but there should be.Why isn't there a profanity filter for masked profanity?
People are ingenious. They have all sorts of ways to outwit any filter for certain words. I have seen so many of the tricks on here that I feel creativity is at its best when it comes to retaining personal nasty habits.


I suppose creating such filters is a stupendous task, beyond the resources of YA.Why isn't there a profanity filter for masked profanity?
There is, it's called the ';Report it'; button on every screen. You are the filter!

No comments:

Post a Comment