Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Where can I buy plaster to make a mask of my face?

Ok I want to make a plaster of my face. And then once i have that I want to fill the plaster with another type of plaster so that I have like a statue of my face so I can paint it with skin latex to make perfect scar effects to fit my face properly. Does anyone know where I can buy this stuff? I don't want to buy it online either. I live in chicago if anyone knows of any make up stores and stuff. Or does anyone know if i can use homemade stuff?Where can I buy plaster to make a mask of my face?
Bad idea - plaster gets hot as it sets and it is not good for the skin anyway. What you should get is sold as moulage or alginate and it is a vegetable (seaweed) derivative that is heated and brushed on with straws in your nose thus getting cooler as it sets. It is soft and flexible so before taking off the face, a backing of plaster or plaster bandage is added to provide a stiff support - the plaster is pulled off, then the face mold which is set in the backing and plaster is poured into the face mold to make a copy of your face.


Look up theatrical makeup and maybe disaster simulation - much of the online sources are about making wounds for fake injuries in practice drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment